- Tourists can apply for visa on www.eta.gov.lk or even apply visa on arrival valid for 30 days.
- An online tourist visa fee of USD 35 will be applicable until further notice. Your visa to Sri Lanka is valid for 30 days but could be extended at an added fee.
- Check with your airline if it’s mandatory to do a PCR test prior to boarding (from Sri Lanka) as different airlines may have different rules.
- Fully-vaccinated travellers are exempted from pre-departure COVID-19 PCR/ Rapid Antigen Testing.
- Not-vaccinated / not-fully vaccinated children of 12-18 years travelling with fully-vaccinated tourists must obtain a negative PCR test report within 72 hours or a Rapid Antigen Test report (self-swabs are disallowed) within 48 hours prior to embarkation. (Children below 12 years are exempted).
- Visit portal.pionline.lk/covidinsurance to pay for mandatory COVID 19 Local Insurance cover at USD 12 for a policy of USD 75,000 up to a period of one month (including children below 2 years).
- Original vaccination certificate/card (together with a certified copy of English language translation if the certificate/card is not in English or if relevant data are not indicated in English).
- If any tourist is tested positive for COVID-19, and symptomatic he/she will be sent to a hospital or a quarantine hotel and will be covered with the above mentioned COVID-19 insurance cover. If, non-symptomatic, the guest will be isolated in the hotel they are staying and relevant procedures will be taken.
- The booked in accommodation establishments/hotels, travel agents or tour operators are responsible for arranging safe transportation of tourists within the country.
- Wearing masks in public places, maintain a social distance of 1.5 meters and sanitizing your hands are important.